Note:


1. Submit your email address on 'Subscribe For Update Alerts' button to get notification emails. If you aren't comfortable on sharing your mail id, kindly follow my Instagram to get notifications.

2. If you're a user of blogger, you can also Follow this blog through 'Follow' which is under Followers icon. By this way, updates will be straightly notified on your 'Reading list' on Blogger.

3. 'Suggestions' & 'Feedback' regarding stories & blog accessibility are welcome.




-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Her Unexpected Husband- 37

arnav khushi


PREVIOUS PART

*37*


“It’s Lavanya here.” 


Khushi breath got stuck in throat hearing the unexpected voice at an unexpected time. Her vocabulary seems to run out of words as she maintains a silence forgot to even breath.


“Are you there, Khushi?” 


Khushi eyes dilated in surprise hearing a calm response from another side. This is not what she foresee when she heard Lavanya name.



“I know I have got a null reputation in your mind. But… Will you do me a favour?”


Khushi brows knitted in thought while she already provided her acceptance through a simple hum.


“If possible convey my apology to… Arnav and also Pardon me. Unnecessarily I poked my nose in a surreal thing and got my nose hurt. I realised it wasn’t necessary to reciprocate my love interest just because I love him madly. In fact, it’s not even Love. Leave all that… I called you to inform that I’m going far away from your life. I got a job abroad. There won’t be any trace of Lavanya in Arnav life henceforth. So, you can sigh in relief. Take care of Arnav. Bye.” Lavanya ended the call much to Khushi’s shock.


Khushi has an unbelievable expression pasted on her face until Arnav arrives back. 


Meanwhile, Lavanya wiped the sweat on her palms and looked up at her mentor.


“I’m forever grateful to you, uncle. If not for you, I might not realise my preposterous behaviour. You’re downright sensible when you explained about the misconception I had for Arnav. Love cannot be fed, it should be felt. Whatever my mom did was entirely wrong and being well educated & having great knowledge of things even, I failed to analyse my feelings and was blind all these years. I let my mom’s dream to flourish and weaved stories for every little concern Arnav had shown towards me. Good that, you’ve arranged this special counselling session. Now I am clear about what I want and what I feel. Thank you so much, uncle.” Lavanya thanked him, meeting his eyes straightly. The determination and clarity in her eyes ensured her words.


“It’s my duty to correct my child when she goes wrong. I’m glad you finally grasped your potential.” Raj acknowledged her warmly and patted her shoulders. 


This sudden change in Lavanya didn’t happen in an overnight. It took some worth amount of sessions at a popular psychiatrist made her look things brightly. Raj being inclined towards his son and his daughter-in-law made sure to accompany Lavanya for every consultation leaving her parents at home who's not at all contributing in Lavanya treatment. They did the mistake again by lamenting about Arnav marriage in the presence of Lavanya. So, Raj even made an appointment for her parents at the same psychiatrist who treated Lavanya. And finally, his efforts bore fruits as Lavanya realised how wrong she is in presuming things and without a second thought she decided to stay away from the city for a few years so that both families could forget the bitterness.


***


“Who occupies your thought Khushi?”


Khushi jerked from her shock and spun around to face him, “It’s Lavanya.”


Arnav furrowed his brows as an unsettling feeling occupied him, “Why are you thinking about her, Now?”


“She called.”


“What? Have you spoken to her? What did she say? Did she hurt you?” Arnav asked in a panic, cupping her shoulders in concern.


Contrary to his anxiety, Khushi calmly placed the mobile back on the table and subtly traced his jaws with her index finger.


“She said she doesn’t want this imbecile man in her life anymore.”


“Excuse me?”


“Isn’t she wise? She left you all for me. She is going abroad.” She replied in a husky voice which is laced with felicity.


“There’s nothing in her hand for you to leave. I’m never hers to leave or sacrifice, it’s always YOU.” Arnav reprimanded her statement, sliding his arm around her slender waist feeling satisfied with Lavanya departure.


Khushi raised her brows sceptical about his statement, “Is it? I don’t think so.”


Arnav loosened his grip around her gauging the pulse of the issue. Exhaling a breath, he squinted his eyes before cupping her cheeks.


“I can see what you’re pointing. But I doubt whether you remember your passion or goal? I am not seeing the old passionate Khushi who yearned to study these days. The old Khushi is not limited to family alone but nowadays I feel she has lost her passionate original self somewhere and trying to become a stereotyped wife & daughter-in-law material. She may forget her passion, not me…”


“It’s not that I forget about my dream, I want to feel your love and complete our family.” Khushi answered with downcast eyes which are fixated on his bare chest currently.


“Aren’t we family now? Haven’t my actions convey what you’re to me?” He questioned lifting her chin.


She met his eyes hesitantly and stammered to let her thoughts out, “I am not saying like that… I mean… I want a kid who would be a proof of our love and also who… would bridge the gap between us and your parents. Aunty cannot maintain her ignorance if she sees her grandchild.”


“What difference it’ll make from marrying the man your father had arranged or your uncle’s choice of the groom? Probably, you would be a mother of a small kid at the cost of your freedom and wisdom. Can you realise how narrow escape you’d from that forced marriage? Why aren’t you trying to utilise your free space? Rather you’re keen on starting a family which can wait. You are just eighteen…”


“Which is the approved age for marriage as per law.” Khushi interrupted his explanation earning a glare from him.


“But not the correct age to become a mother. Moreover, your primary reason to bear a kid is not out of your own will but a compromise you extend to please my mother. Enough of living to fill your stomach, it’s time to prove who you are to the world. I want you to stand tall against the people who had looked upon you and to your own self that still thinks you can’t do anything beyond certain restrictions which you tethered around yourself. This is why I’m trying to keep our relationship at certain limits for some period of time.” 


Khushi eyes shone with pride hearing his thoughts. She hadn’t expected this reason which is keeping them away. Each time he upsets her he has his sweet high thoughts as a backup to cheer her. What can she do with him other than loving him? Her lips stretched wide at the thought and she hunched forward garlanding his neck.


“You read me well Arnavji, but…”


“But…?” He repeated her word prompting her to finish the sentence.


“You forget that the medical field is developed and fully equipped with items that can postpone the pregnancy.” She slew with her choice of words which instantly brought a hue of pink behind his earlobe.


“They aren’t as safe as they advertise. There’re times it might not work and I don’t want to take a risk.” Arnav admitted firmly much to her dismay.


Khushi twisted her lips and hit his chest playfully, “This is not fair. Life shouldn’t be calculative always.”


“Khushi…” He expelled her name with a heavy sigh, “It’s already difficult to stay away from you Khushi. Please don’t make it hard for me. I may never forgive myself if by any chance unknowingly I snatch your earlier young days. Everything has time. Let’s wait until you step into your twenties. I promise I don’t deny you anything after that.”  


Hearing the plea in his voice, she couldn’t persuade him further. She decided to postpone this topic for a few days as his wish. The precious moment of their lives should need to be special and should have its own flavour rather creating a moment and forcing him to go against his wish.


Sensing her silence, he looked down at his chest scared of her reaction, “Are you hurt? I know I took this decision without consulting you. But I am scared. You know wise ways to convince me and I am vulnerable against your wishes Khushi. I want to fulfil each and every single wish of yours but not this. Whenever I see Meera, my mind always goes to the time when I am not in your life. You might have many dreams during your schooling Khushi. And circumstances don’t let you engulf it. Since I am here I want to make everything perfect. The responsibilities you bear on your shoulders is enough for your age. Le..” Khushi blocked his words by placing her palm on his mouth, “Enough of your lecture Mr Professor. I am already gloomy. Don’t extend it more.”


Arnav broke the hug immediately and met her eyes, “Khushi…”


“This dress doesn’t serve the purpose and my plan flopped.”


“What purpose and plan?” He asked in confusion and the topic seems out of focus to him.

Khushi smiled slyly and a hue of lateritious red crept over her face, “Rihaana di doesn't force me to buy this nightdress. She just accompanied me. I thought this dress would be of great help & bring us closer.” She admitted with a sheepish smile and hid her face on his chest blushing.


“My naughty girl!” He uttered in bliss, cuddling her to his chest. Khushi rubbed her face against his heart in return showing her mirth.


NEXT PART

33 comments:


  1. I hope that khushi understood the point of view of arnav. awesome update

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice chapter..

    Welcome back

    Wow arnav's dad did the right thing


    Good La is healed n out now..

    Wow loved the way he spoke to khushi n made her understand..

    Looking forward

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your valuable support always!

      Delete
  3. Fabulous update continue soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. I expect some misunderstandings and khushi maintain some distance between them then only arnav understand but you are turning major twist every story has no happy ending I know but still you cAn make usto watch some drama scenes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... If you read my stories you would've know my writing style dear. I'm not a fan of drama. I always try to make less villainous, less dramatic & no misunderstanding story. when you finish the chapter I want my every reader to stay curious on a happy note which surely doesn't shoot up one's bp. Thanks for your valuable suppport! Keep smiling & Stay happy! <3 <3

      Delete
  5. I appreciate Arnav concern its good they communicated with each other before letting the Misunderstanding take over. But still he should give some moments to khushi also .Good Lavanya understood & started fresh.
    Nice chapter beautifully written

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dhawani! Pleased to hear lovely comments.

      Delete
  6. Aww so cute update..Loved Arnav thought about khushi s future.. Beautiful update 💖

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Khushi will make Arnav proud of her

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a brilliant update! I'm very glad Arnav handled this issue sensibly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome and too good and it's simply superb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hayeeee inna pyar.....I want to see more scenes of happy meera with the family....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Khushi is so lucky to get Arnav in her life.. he is so thoughtful of her and wants her to have a wonderful life.. loved reading this super amazing update.. Thanks Priya <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. No amount of reasons , even in her benefit, gives him the right to take decisions regarding their marital life alone. Doing that, he is only hurting Khushi more & causing distance and misun derstandings. What he has done now, he should've done earlier before acting upon this, thus saving Khushi from misery. He should learn to treat Khushi as an equal...not a small girl like Meera, and respect her as a partner, consulting her & communicating with her in all things mattered...including Meera's love story. I'm sure the day Khushi gets to know of the same, she would be hurt not only by Meera's betrayal but also Arnav's lack of trust in her understanding capacity. Arnav should change his ways if he wants to have a happy married life in future. He should make sure that the foundation of their marriage is strong..thus give Khushi due respect & love, allowing her to voice out her opininons. If needed, he can always make her understand as he did now. Hope he'll rectify his mistakes & let Khushi know of Meera & Abhay...or e;lse another heartbreak. double sided, is awaiting Khushi for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we both aren't in same page on this track. Not at all a problem. I am happy to read your opinion. Thank you so much. Keep supporting!

      Delete
  13. Beautiful chapter....finally Lavanya realised it and going off.
    It's good that Arnav told her about his thoughts. She has to study and achieve her dreams and for sure Arnav mother will come around.
    Thumbs up dear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lavanya not that bad , only her surroundings people make her to look bad . Happy for lavanya . Wish she get her Prince Charming soon .

    Arnav so caring . Still Khushi not resdy to leave that topic .
    Let’s see what future hold for them
    Waiting for next update dear.

    ReplyDelete